The Computer Science Department's Bachelor of Science degree program is designed in accordance with the ABET accreditation criteria for computer science degrees. The program is ABET-accredited.
Student outcomes of the Computer Science Department are governed by ABET which has established the following student outcomes:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program's discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program's discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.