Computer Science Department
Welcome to the Computer Science Department
In the ever-changing world that we live in, much of the future lies in the hands of today’s and tomorrow’s computer scientists. USU's Computer Science Department offers students the opportunity to help shape the future.
Our graduate program is constantly expanding and many research opportunities are available for all Computer Science students in:
|- Multi Agent Systems
- Automated Code Generation
- Program Optimization
- Analysis of Algorithms
- Programming Languages
- Artificial Intelligence
- Software-engineering principles
- Models, and Methods
- Object Orientation
- Distributed Systems
- Development Tools
- Multimedia Applications
- Software Systems
- Computational Biology
- Intelligent Systems
- Human-Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Human-Centered Computing (HCC)
- Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW)
|- Crisis Informatics
- Mobile Technologies
- Discrete and Computational Geometry
- Combinatorial Optimization
- Bioinformatics Algorithms
- Assistive Technology
- Social Computing
- Web-scale Information Management
- Distributed Data-Intensive Systems
- Large-scale Networked Information Systems
- Security in Cyber-physical Systems
- Wireless and Mobile Network security
- Security and Privacy Issues in Cloud Computing
- Content-Based Image/Video
- Participatory Design
- Social Media
USU’s Computer Science Program also boasts one of the highest job placement rates and starting salaries for graduates compared to all other USU graduates. With a job market that is projected to grow by 30% over the next decade, USU’s Computer Science Department is poised to help fuel innovation and create tomorrow’s leaders in Computer Science.
- No Upcoming Events
- » More Events
News and Announcements
- Undergraduate Research Assistant
- Undergraduate Research Assistant Opportunity - Deadline for Applications is Friday 11/23!
- Sandia National Laboratories Tech Talk
- Sandia National Laboratories will be on-campus presenting a Tech Talk on Internship Opportunities.
- Job Opportunity
- Job Opportunity at Plexus.
- USU Students Participate in a World Wide Competitoin
- 3 Students at Utah State Participate in a Worldwide Programming Competition. Come help them out!
- USU Welcomes Dr. Nguyen to the CS Department
- USU would like to welcome one of its newest faculty members, Dr. Nguyen. Click on the link to get to know him a little better.
- FSLC Creates A Masterpiece on Aggie Boulevard
- Homecoming week has brought out aspiring artists to once again paint Aggie Boulevard and the Free Software and Linux Club brought their A Game.
- Fall Semester Employment Application
- Please read the important information. The form you can find at Home page/Policies and Forms/CS Graduate student employment application on our cs webpage.
- Fellowship and Scholarship Opportunities for Graduate Students
- Please see the attached memo from Mark McLellan. he application links for these scholarships are at pages.
- Multiscale Spatial and Temporal Dynamics of Yeast Colony Development.
- Dr. Nicholas Flann has recently been awarded a five year, $335K grant from the National Institute of Health entitled “Multiscale Spatial and Temporal Dynamics of Yeast Colony Development.”
- NSF Grant Awarded to Develop User Privacy in the Cloud
- Dr. Ming Li, Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science, was awarded a sizable NSF grant for his project "Towards User Privacy in Outsourced Cloud Data Services".
- Opportunity for international PhD students and faculty.
- This is the Academic Workshops for Under-represented Junior Faculty and Senior Graduate Students( http://www.cmd-it.org/projects.html#P2 ), which Omar( Phd student ) took part during Spring break in Georgia Tech, Atlanta.
- Software and Computer Science Internship
- Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company whose 75,000 employees provide innovative systems,products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
- 2012-2013 Computer Science Scholarships
- Over $15,000 available to undergraduate Students!
- Student Evauation Emails
- The evaluation window (for most classes) opens on Monday November 21. These are “bubble” forms that you fill out in class (or online) once each term, near the end of the semester to provide feedback on the course
- MIS Test Instructions
- 1)Go to tarlab.usu.edu. 2)Click on the link for the MISFeeform.pdf. 3)Select that and read the instructions on the form which simply say to print it out and then fill it out. More....
- Employment Opportunities
- Department Head - Computer Science Department
- » More Items
Jerry Westberg is a USU Alumni who graduated with honors and is now representing the Aggies at the U of U in their PhD program.
Dallin Osmun, an undergraduate in Computer Science at Utah State University, developed some of the first iPhone apps to land in the store.
Shay Merrill, graduating December, lands a full time position with MasterControl by taking advantage of our CS internship program.